Are you a TensorFlow contributor? Tell us more about your experience!

Hey Everyone! With immense Joy I say that this forum marks the new benchmark in collaboration among people from different backgrounds. Now we can bring in our changes as devs and be up to the mark where components we build are best for all.
I congratulate @Joana and @thea along with the whole team for this and hope to build and innovate for the best experience.

6 Likes

Hi,

Even though I’ve been a solid Open-source contributor since the turn of the year, I haven’t really thought of contributing to TensorFlow.
Haven watched most of TensorFlow’s on-demand sessions today, I realized that I really don’t know TensorFlow as much as I presume I do.
So I’d start feeling my way around contributing to TensorFlow in the coming days and weeks. I hope it’d be seamless.

3 Likes

You are welcome. Hope you will soon be part of our contributor community

3 Likes

I actually had the same opinion

3 Likes

Welcome, Vedant!

If you’re confused, we’re here to help! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Welcome in our community! Please send us any feedback about our contributor documentation at https://tensorflow-prod.ospodiscourse.com/t/what-contributor-documentation-improvements-do-you-suggest/252

2 Likes

Hi @Joana ,
I love the way the new TensorFlow forum has been structured.

• I think I have contributed to quite a few TF Communities but I guess the most to TensorFlow User Groups
  • I recently saw the TensorFlow Community Contributions GitHub project which I feel is a great step to allow community contributions and find issues on which community help might be required. I belive having a similar Community Contributiosn tracker would be helpful to have for other major repos (eg. TFJS, though TFJS has one, it does not seem to be updated).
4 Likes

Glad to see that you’ve found that helpful! We’re excited to find more ways to include community contributors, and we’ll be working with our ecosystem projects to adopt similar models.

3 Likes

Hi @Joana
I am very happy to be here, one of my dreams is to work with TensorFlow org
I know a lot about Tensorflow and work with its models in all my projects you can see some on my GitHub
in the past few months, I was planning to apply with TensorFlow in Google Summer of Code and I made a good proposal in the tree-based model project
but Unfortunately, I have not selected
I tried to contribute with Tensorflow a lot of time but I don’t know why I can’t
I will be appreciated if any monitor here help me to contribute and become part of the Tensorflow community
I know how to code with TensorFlow, how to build, train, evaluate models
really I want to be good enough to say I am now able to assume the role of machine learning engineer on the Tenosflow Team :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Tensorflow has been essential part of my opensource learning journey.
I have started contributing to opensource 2 years ago and started with tensorflow. Started with small small fixes in documentation. But today, I understand codebase of many aspects of tensorflow (ops, keras layers/metrics/losses/training, model serializability etc.).
I have made over 90 PRs in total to tensorflow related projects (tensorflow, docs, datasets, addons, community etc) and over 50 PRs have been merged as of now.

I strongly feel that Tensorflow is driving me to contribute more and more and learn things aggressively. Because of that, I was able to create some good open source projects of my own and people loved it.

Along with my job, this is what I love to do → Open source

5 Likes

Hi @Kareem_Negm! What areas of TensorFlow are you most interested in contributing to?

3 Likes

Documentation fixes are such a great place to start as an OSS contributor! What helped you to move from docs to code contributions?

4 Likes

Hi @thea
thanks for your interest , I am recently interested in contributing with TFX, decision-forests , and tflite-micro

can you guide me ?
Thanks

1 Like

@Kareem_Negm You might want to get involved in SIG Micro either in the subcategory here or in some of their established channels: community/CHARTER.md at master · tensorflow/community · GitHub

We are also in the process of creating SIG TFX-Addons: GitHub Repo and Forum – watch the forum category if you want to hear more.

4 Likes

Thanks, @thea for the useful links I started my first pull request today with TFX after reading your massages :smiley: :grin:
and I plan to continue contributing, and I hope that I will an influential member of the TensorFlow community

3 Likes

After reading documentation of specific topic, I used to dive deeper into the code to see how it is implemented and how it works. That helped me understand the paradigm of coding on which tensorflow is built and to approach any issue in very fast and flexible way.

3 Likes

Hello Everyone, I am a Mechanical Engineer with about 10 years of experience in mining in Chile, specifically with preventive maintenance and reliability of machines through the use of data from sensors. I am currently working to learn more about Tensorflow and I am very interested in developing my skills in this area.

Ricardo.

3 Likes

Hi Steven! we are here to help you on this journey! do you have a particular part of TensorFlow that you would like to contribute to?

1 Like

Hi Ricardo! Check out our resources on Youtube. @Laurence_Moroney has amazing videos and tutorials that can be very helpful and the latest videos from IO will be on the channel too:

It’s a great resource to stay up to date!

5 Likes

Hello Ricardo and welcome to the Forum! In addition to the amazing YouTube resources @Joana has pointed out, there are also quite a number of TF courses on Coursera that you can audit for free. Check out the list of courses and instructions on this topic thread from @Laurence_Moroney.

3 Likes