Continue training from checkpoint using the model maker APIs

Simply put, I plan on training an object detection model using the simple model maker APIs, and after having trained on a batch of images, I exported my model. Now, I feel as if the model needs some more fine-tuning, and may as well require a lot more iterations like this in the future, not very far apart in the temporal space. Hence, I need to be able to retain the training checkpoints from the first batches so I do not have to train the images that it’s already trained on, over and over again till eternity. This would usually not be a problem, but since I am building an object detection model, and I found that a little demanding to code, I turned to the model maker APIs which seem to make life drastically easier. The problem now, however, is that I don’t seem to have a way of “saving my progress” throughout the training cycles.

Now, there’s the ‘spec’ parameter of the create method that might point in the direction of a potential solution, but I can’t seem to find anything. I tried uploading my model to a server and passing it’s URI as the ‘uri’ parameter of the EfficientDetLiteSpec, sadly with no luck.

Anything towards the solution would be appreciated.

@Rohan_Manchanda,

You can keep training the model with more data when using Model Maker. Please take a look on this thread for a workaround How to stop and resume object detector training(object detection model maker) - #14 by Viktor_Nilsson

Thank you!