DLL Load Failed Error when Importing TensorFlow (_pywrap_tfe)

I am encountering an error while trying to import TensorFlow that states: “ImportError: DLL load failed while importing _pywrap_tfe: The specified procedure could not be found.” This issue is preventing me from using TensorFlow effectively in my environment. I would appreciate any help or guidance to resolve this problem.

Here are some details about my setup:

• Operating System: Windows 10,
  • Python Version: Python 3.9.12
  • TensorFlow Version: tensorflow 2.12.0
  • Installation Method: conda

@KRITICA_MEENA,

Welcome to the Tensorflow Forum!

Can you try uninstalling Tensorflow and then reinstalling it using pip?

Please refer to step-by-step instructions and let us know?

Thank you!

It worked, thank you.

I understand that you’re encountering an error while trying to import TensorFlow on your Windows 10 environment using Python 3.9.12 and TensorFlow 2.12.0 installed via conda. The error message you provided, “ImportError: DLL load failed while importing _pywrap_tfe: The specified procedure could not be found,” typically occurs when there is a compatibility issue or a missing dependency.

I see that you’re having trouble importing TensorFlow on your Windows 10 computer with Python 3.9.12 and TensorFlow 2.12.0 installed through conda. The error message you mentioned, “ImportError: DLL load failed while importing _pywrap_tfe: The specified procedure could not be found,” usually happens when there’s a problem with compatibility or a missing dependency.

Same error ImportError: DLL load failed while importing _pywrap_tfe: The specified procedure could not be found.

ImportError: DLL load failed while importing _pywrap_tf2: The specified module could not be found.

This is the error that I have encountered.

My system details are -
operating system : Windows 11
python version : python 3.12.2
installation method : conda
TensorFlow Version : tensorflow 2.16.1
package installation : pip

mine’s ImportError: DLL load failed while importing _pywrap_tf2: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.. i installed tensorflow using pip

• python version: 3.10.11
  • installation method: pip through venv
  • tensorflow version: 2.16.1
  • package installation: pip

badly needed help for my project. thank you.