How to download ImageNet 1K dataset?

I wanted to download ImageNet dataset. But in the ImageNet download page, it says

Can not download IMAGENET images with free (non academic) email address

• Why they don’t accept gmail?
  • How can I get Imagenet1K or *21k dataset with gmail as currently I’m not affiliated with any organization.

People are suggesting to get this dataset from

But I’m not sure what to do. Confuse at this point. What version of image-net people are using these days?

And why this ImageNet seems top level benchmark dataset (used most of the papers) still in 2022. Is Open Image much better?

I don’t know why the academic restriction (domains with .edu) but maybe download from the academic torrents as people suggested?

Even using TFDS you have to manually download this dataset

I appreciate what you did.

@lgusm So, should I go with the academic torrent? The problem is, which link should I use to download? Which is the correct one? I can see imagenet-21k of 1.19 TB, but is it the right version? And which one is the correct imagenet 1k version?

Here correct means, I can use this dataset as a benchmark dataset.

maybe @Sayak_Paul can share some tips here

Downloading is needed before I can suggest anything. You should download imagenet2012 dataset which as 1k classes.

Downloading is needed before I can suggest anything. You should download imagenet2012 dataset which as 1k classes.

I need to know how to download the imagenet (at least 1k subset) without any academic mail. I can not get the data from the official page for sure, and so I am wondering from which alternate source I can get the dataset. If it’s academic torrents site, I need the correct link as there are many sources. Among these sources, which version is the correct one that uses to evaluate the proposed models in the literature.