Keypoints Detection with Model Garden: Alternatives to the Deprecated Tensorflow Object Detection API

Hi,

I’ve always used the Tensorflow Object detection API for model training, but unfortunately, I’ve discovered that it will no longer be supported and it’s recommended to switch to TF-Vision (models/research/object_detection at master · tensorflow/models · GitHub).
That’s why I’m currently exploring some tutorials Object detection with Model Garden  |  TensorFlow Core to update my model training. However, I cannot find anything related to keypoints detection, which was available in the Object detection API.
Do you happen to know if keypoints detection will be supported in the future? Is there any alternative available?

Thanks, everyone.

Hi @bertino ,

While there’s no official confirmation, the recent addition of features like pose estimation in TF-Vision suggests an evolving focus on more intricate object detection tasks. It’s likely that keypoint detection could be incorporated in future versions or through contributed models within the ecosystem.

Thanks.