Problem building Tensorflow 2.2 build from source: Executing genrule @local_config_python//:numpy_include failed (Exit 1)

I’m trying to build tensorflow 2.2 from source with the command: bazel build -c opt --copt=-mavx --copt=-mavx2 --copt=-mfma --copt=-msse4.2 --action_env PYTHON_BIN_PATH=/home/brent/Documents/Projects/BenchmarkRCStrategiesSOTA/venv_temp/bin/python //tensorflow/tools/pip_package:build_pip_package

But I get the following error:

ERROR: /home/brent/.cache/bazel/_bazel_brent/f717514c870df2340554ff84ed4b3c4d/external/local_config_python/BUILD:241:1: Executing genrule @local_config_python//:numpy_include failed (Exit 1)
cp: cannot stat '/home/brent/Documents/Projects/BenchmarkRCStrategiesSOTA/venv_temp/lib/python3.8/site-packages/numpy/core/include/numpy/.doxyfile': No such file or directory
Target //tensorflow/tools/pip_package:build_pip_package failed to build
Use --verbose_failures to see the command lines of failed build steps.
ERROR: /home/brent/Documents/Projects/BenchmarkRCStrategiesSOTA/tensorflow/tensorflow/python/tools/BUILD:82:1 Executing genrule @local_config_python//:numpy_include failed (Exit 1)
INFO: Elapsed time: 272.539s, Critical Path: 68.77s
INFO: 1569 processes: 1569 local.
FAILED: Build did NOT complete successfully

I do have a correct version of numpy installed in the environment that I’m using.

Does anybody know how to resolve this problem?