Tflite object detection running on bare React Native

Hi all,

I am having successfully ran Android and Reactjs project with my custom tflite files.

I am working on a windows 10 machine and trying to migrate into React Native. I found the following recourses but they have all failed to work.

1. React native tensorflow object detection - YouTube
    The above is an expo project. I need to work in bare react native project. So I created the project using
    npx react-native init test

However, when I tried to setup expo using the following instructions (Install Expo modules - Expo Documentation).

Unfortunately, I got this error:
› Installing ios pods…

pod install
Couldn’t install Pods. Updating the Pods project and trying again…
pod install --repo-update
Couldn’t install Pods. Updating the Pods project and trying again…
Uncaught Error CocoaPodsError: Command pod install failed.
└─ Cause: spawn pod ENOENT
‘pod’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,

I am on windows machine is there anyway I can resolve the above issue?

1. react-native-tflite-camera
  2. tflite-react-native

I have tried the above non-expo components but they have lots of unmet dependencies issues and I cannot get them running. Anyone has a working configuration to share the package.json file?

Or is there another working resource which run tflite custom object detection on react native?

Hi @Raymond_Wong

These days Expo supports native dependencies without needing to switch to the Bare workflow.

One way you could do it is with https://www.react-native-vision-camera.com/

It has something called Frame Processors which allow you to call native code to do things like object detection.

I haven’t tried it yet, but I am experimenting with tflite and will probably use Vision Camera. Another possibility is writing an Expo Module.