Why there is less discussion found on Google Translatotron Project?

I am searching on Translatotron project of Google but I found less discussion and Articles on this topic. #MachineTranslation #SpeechToSpeechTranslation

@Danish_Irfan Welcome to Tensorflow Forum!

The Translatotron project from Google is exciting but still relatively new. While it has gained some traction in research circles, it hasn’t yet exploded in public discussion or widespread application. Here’s why you might not find a lot of articles and discussions about it yet:

Translatotron 3, the latest iteration, was only announced in December 2023. It’s still under development and not yet publicly available or widely used. This means there’s less real-world experience and data to discuss.

The project involves cutting-edge research in unsupervised S2ST (speech-to-speech translation), which is a complex area. This can make it less accessible to a broader audience who might not have a strong background in machine learning and speech processing.

Currently, Translatotron 3 focuses on English-to-French translation. While this is a significant step, it’s still limited compared to traditional translation systems that support multiple languages. This might limit the discussion around its broader impact.

However, there are still some resources you can explore to learn more about Translatotron:

I hope this helps!