I get an error on model.fit

model_history = model.fit(train_dataset,
epochs=epochs,
#steps_per_epoch=dataset_size // batch_size,
validation_data=val_dataset)

I try to fit my model but I get this error:

InvalidArgumentError Traceback (most recent call last)
Cell In[61], line 11
7 batch_size = 64
9 model.compile(loss=tf.keras.losses.BinaryCrossentropy(), optimizer=RMSprop(learning_rate=0.001), metrics=[‘accuracy’])
—> 11 model_history = model.fit(train_dataset,
12 epochs=epochs,
13 #steps_per_epoch=dataset_size // batch_size,
14 validation_data=val_dataset)

File /opt/conda/lib/python3.10/site-packages/keras/src/utils/traceback_utils.py:123, in filter_traceback..error_handler(*args, **kwargs)
120 filtered_tb = _process_traceback_frames(e.traceback)
121 # To get the full stack trace, call:
122 # keras.config.disable_traceback_filtering()
→ 123 raise e.with_traceback(filtered_tb) from None
124 finally:
125 del filtered_tb

File /opt/conda/lib/python3.10/site-packages/tensorflow/python/eager/execute.py:53, in quick_execute(op_name, num_outputs, inputs, attrs, ctx, name)
51 try:
52 ctx.ensure_initialized()
—> 53 tensors = pywrap_tfe.TFE_Py_Execute(ctx._handle, device_name, op_name,
54 inputs, attrs, num_outputs)
55 except core._NotOkStatusException as e:
56 if name is not None:

InvalidArgumentError: Graph execution error:

Detected at node IteratorGetNext defined at (most recent call last):
File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.10/runpy.py”, line 196, in _run_module_as_main

File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.10/runpy.py”, line 86, in _run_code

File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.10/site-packages/ipykernel_launcher.py”, line 17, in

File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.10/site-packages/traitlets/config/application.py”, line 1043, in launch_instance

File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.10/site-packages/ipykernel/kernelapp.py”, line 701, in start

File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.10/site-packages/tornado/platform/asyncio.py”, line 195, in start

File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.10/asyncio/base_events.py”, line 603, in run_forever

File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.10/asyncio/base_events.py”, line 1909, in _run_once

File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.10/asyncio/events.py”, line 80, in _run

File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.10/site-packages/ipykernel/kernelbase.py”, line 534, in dispatch_queue

File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.10/site-packages/ipykernel/kernelbase.py”, line 523, in process_one

File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.10/site-packages/ipykernel/kernelbase.py”, line 429, in dispatch_shell

File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.10/site-packages/ipykernel/kernelbase.py”, line 767, in execute_request

File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.10/site-packages/ipykernel/ipkernel.py”, line 429, in do_execute

File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.10/site-packages/ipykernel/zmqshell.py”, line 549, in run_cell

File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.10/site-packages/IPython/core/interactiveshell.py”, line 3051, in run_cell

File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.10/site-packages/IPython/core/interactiveshell.py”, line 3106, in _run_cell

File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.10/site-packages/IPython/core/async_helpers.py”, line 129, in _pseudo_sync_runner

File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.10/site-packages/IPython/core/interactiveshell.py”, line 3311, in run_cell_async

File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.10/site-packages/IPython/core/interactiveshell.py”, line 3493, in run_ast_nodes

File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.10/site-packages/IPython/core/interactiveshell.py”, line 3553, in run_code

File “/tmp/ipykernel_33/1529170660.py”, line 11, in

File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.10/site-packages/keras/src/utils/traceback_utils.py”, line 118, in error_handler

File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.10/site-packages/keras/src/backend/tensorflow/trainer.py”, line 323, in fit

File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.10/site-packages/keras/src/backend/tensorflow/trainer.py”, line 116, in one_step_on_iterator

Incompatible shapes at component 0: expected [?,768,768,3] but got [64,1,768,768,3].
[[{{node IteratorGetNext}}]] [Op:__inference_one_step_on_iterator_16980]

Please give me an advice how to fix it, I’ve tried but still doesn’t work

It’s UNET model

def unet():
    inputs = tf.keras.layers.Input(shape=(768,768,3))
    encoder_output, convs = encoder(inputs)

bottle_neck = bottleneck(encoder_output)

outputs = decoder(bottle_neck, convs)
    model = tf.keras.Model(inputs=inputs, outputs=outputs)

return model

That’s the data I pass to model.fit

train_dataset.element_spec
(TensorSpec(shape=(None, 768, 768, 3), dtype=tf.float32, name=None),
 TensorSpec(shape=(None, 768, 768, 2), dtype=tf.float32, name=None))

val_dataset.element_spec
(TensorSpec(shape=(None, 768, 768, 3), dtype=tf.float32, name=None),
 TensorSpec(shape=(None, 768, 768, 2), dtype=tf.float32, name=None))

Hi @Vladislav, The error is due to the shape mismatch between input defined and the data passed through the model. Even though the dataset shape matches the input shape defined may be in the data preprocessing or in the data preparation pipeline the batch dimension is getting extra dimension. Please make sure that the data is preprocessed correctly. To debug more about the cause of the error if possible could you please share the complete code and sample data to reproduce the issue. Thank You.

Sure, I’d like to share the whole code, but actually it’s from Kaggle. Can I send an URL to my code on this platform?

That’s it: Airbus v2.0 | Kaggle

Hi @Vladislav, If possible could you please share the small sample of the dataset because I am unable to use the entire dataset in my environment to debug the code. Thank You.

Sure, here’s a link for my Google Drive folder with 25 first images and a csv file with their rle encodings. Thank for your help, I truly appreciate it

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/191w6KRWamLC47eCgXgcRFk_LQPooDhAu?usp=drive_link