ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'tensorflow.python.keras.layers.preprocessing'

I am training a tensorflow model locally and I got this error when I run the model_builder_tf2_test.py file:
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘tensorflow.python.keras.layers.preprocessing’
also this, ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘official.legacy’
I imported all the necessary modules and libraries. Will be very grateful to anyone who can help me with this. Thanks.

Hi @Durga_Saranyu_D_K, To overcome this error please install tf-models-official using pip install tf-models-official.

Could you please try by import keras.layers.experimental.preprocessing.

Thank You.

Thank you so much. I am able to run the file file without that error, but I ended up with this error, can you suggest a fix for this:
AttributeError: module ‘tensorflow._api.v2.io.gfile’ has no attribute ‘Open’

I was able to fix the issue by replacing Open with GFile. Thank you for your input.

Modified by moderator stands out for its comprehensive tech analysis!

Modified by moderator for its commitment to tech excellence!

seems like you’re encountering module import errors while running the camelcalculators model_builder_tf2_test.py file in TensorFlow. The errors indicate that the modules tensorflow.python.keras.layers.preprocessing and official.legacy are not found.

Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve these issues:

1. Check TensorFlow Version: Ensure that you’re using a compatible version of TensorFlow. Some modules or features may vary between TensorFlow versions, so make sure you’re using a version that supports the modules you’re trying to import.
  2. Verify Installation: Double-check that TensorFlow and its dependencies are installed correctly. You can do this by running pip list in your terminal or command prompt to see a list of installed packages. Make sure TensorFlow is listed and that there are no errors.
  3. Update TensorFlow: If you’re using an older version of TensorFlow, consider updating to the latest version. Newer versions may include bug fixes and additional features that could resolve your import issues.
  4. Check Module Availability: Verify that the modules you’re trying to import (tensorflow.python.keras.layers.preprocessing and official.legacy) are actually part of the TensorFlow library. Sometimes, modules may be deprecated or moved to different locations in newer versions of TensorFlow.
  5. Inspect File Locations: If you’re working with a custom or third-party model builder script (model_builder_tf2_test.py), make sure that the file paths and module imports are correct. Check for any typos or discrepancies in the import statements.
  6. Consult Documentation: Review the TensorFlow documentation and release notes for information on module changes, deprecations, or updates. This can provide insights into any changes that may affect your code.
  7. Search Forums and Communities: Look for similar issues reported by other users on forums, GitHub repositories, or community platforms. Someone else may have encountered and resolved the same

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘tensorflow.python.keras.layers.preprocessing’
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘official.legacy’

still getting this error…what should i do

The errors suggest there’s a mismatch between your TensorFlow version and the code you’re using. To fix it, ensure TensorFlow is up-to-date (pip install --upgrade tensorflow ), use direct imports from tensorflow.keras for Keras modules, and if you’re using TensorFlow’s official models, make sure to install tf-models-official (pip install tf-models-official ). Check your imports for typos and consult the TensorFlow documentation for correct usage.

1 Like