Namespace error on tensorflow 2.5.2

Hello,

I am trying to create an inference pipeline using TensorFlow c++ API. I have created an inference .cc file in the /tensorflow/example/ build.

I have a special requirement to read some binary files as input so I am writing a library to read and write the binary files and do some preprocessing before feeding them to the inference files. So few template functions I need to define but I don’t want them to be inside the class so I am keeping them into a namespace into a separate header file.

But I am always getting the error
namespace definition is not allowed here.

Ex -

namespace slice {
** template**
** T restore(auto data) {**
** T val;**
** // perform some operation**
** return val;**
** }**
} // namespace slice

@Rajeev_Ranjan Welcome to TF Forum!

Here’s some tips on how to address the “namespace definition not allowed here” error and organize your TensorFlow C++ inference project effectively:

1. Namespace Placement: Define namespaces within header files (.h ), not implementation files (.cc ). Correct Placement. Place namespace definitions outside of any other functions or classes, typically at the beginning of the header file.

2. Template Function Definitions: Define template functions directly within header files to ensure availability for inclusion in multiple .cc files. Use the inline keyword to encourage compilers to place template function code within header files, avoiding linker errors.

3. Header Inclusion: Include headers containing template functions before using them in your inference .cc file.

4. CMake Configuration (if applicable): Add Header Paths:** Ensure CMake lists the directory containing your header file in its header search paths.

Let us know if this helps!