Old TensorFlow Version needed

Hello,

I’m purchased a Hunble Bundle and am trying to follow a Machine Learning guide. I’m running into all kinds of issues with it, and the latest is because it is doing things that later versions of Tensorflow no longer do. The tutorial is apparently 4 years old. I’ve had to install old versions of Python, etc. to try and mimic the environment he used. I’m close to matching it.

I’m trying to get TensorFlow version 1.4.0 so I can get through this guide. I cannot get this version. Pip refuses to find it, and when I found the repository in GIT, I couldn’t figure out how to install it.

I know that using older versions is not ideal, but not being able to do this tutorial is worse. Can someone help me out here?

You can download .whl files as per your OS. Try install TensorFlow without dependencies as shown below

pip install --no-deps "C:\Python_Packages\tensorflow-1.4.0-cp36-cp36m-win_amd64.whl"

Please refer to tested build configurations.Thank you

I’m not sure if this is solvable anymore, but I thought I’d respond and tell everyone my next roadblock. When trying to install this version, I get the error:

ERROR: tensorflow-1.3.0-cp36-cp36m-win_amd64.whl is not a supported wheel on this platform.

This is on python version 3.9.0

When I tried to install an earlier version of python (to match the instructional video – version 2.7), I can’t get a working PIP to go with it. When trying to install a working PIP to go with that Python, I get the error:
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement pip<21.0 (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for pip<21.0

And that is after going to other forums/questions and downloading what appears to be proper get-pip.py files.

Anyone know how to install this older version of Tensorflow and get around the “supported wheel” message? Would just renaming it work?

Thank you

You can use the Git history to checkout the TensorFlow source at a particular version and compile it from source. Thank you!