Possible ? Train - Get Crazy Architecture with 10 dollars 1 GB Nvidia GE Force 210 used GPU on Tensor Flow

I learned GPU and CUDA terms from an engineer and than I found a video someone train the tensorflow with hundreds of buildings photographs and get out impressive creations.

Now I just want to do the same but problem I am broke. I have a Dell Optiplex 9020 computer and today I found a GE FORCE 210 1GB 64 bit GPU for 10 dollars.

Can I do above stuff with that GPU ? Does it fit to the computer ? How many days does it need to run ?

Umut
Istanbul

Hi @Mustafa_Umut_Sarac, The cuda compute capability of GE FORCE 210 graphics card is 1.2. But as per official document TensorFlow requires minimum cuda compute capability of 3.5. So the tensorflow will not support GE FORCE 210. Thank You.

1 Like

Hi @Kiran_Sai_Ramineni , Thank you for your answer. I found GE FORCE 210 at used state for 8 dollars , this price suits me . What is the cheapest used card you can suggest me or cards you could suggest me. GE FORCE 210 is a 1GB card , should I look in to 4GB ones ? How can I learn a 4 or 2GB cards compute capability ? Thank you very much.

Hi @Mustafa_Umut_Sarac, I am not sure of pricing. You can get any CUDA Enabled NVIDIA GPU card with CUDA architectures 3.5, 5.0, 6.0, 7.0, 7.5, 8.0 and higher. Thank You.