Tensorflow Certification using M1 Mac

Answering myself: I found a link where is explained a workaround to do the exam using M1 Mac. Well, just to summarize, the idea is to follow the instructions to install the software required for the exam in M1 MAc (it will fail), then using Colab to do the exam exercises and then copy the code from Colab into the IDE (PyCharm) and submit the code.
Here is the link: Getting TensorFlow Developer certified | by Pascal Janetzky | Towards Data Science

What I am planning to do is a little bit different.
1 - Install the software for the exam in a very old intel laptop
2 - Do the exam exercises using my M2 Mac
3 - Copy the code from M2 Mac into the old laptop
4 - Send the exercises from the old laptop

I know that none of these solutions are the best, but I don’t know how to do it in a different (right) way.

1 Like

Has anyone found any solution to this or any reasonable workaround?

Seems there is no possible configuration to install Python 3.8 with Tensorflow 2.9 on M1 still. Has anyone attempted to use a virtual machine with Windows or other OS?

Thanks

I have the same question except I’m using Apple M2 Max.

Anyone know of any updates/workarounds?

Tensorflow version 2.13 seems to support Apple Silicon natively. Would it be possible to complete the exam with version 2.13, rather than 2.9, which is installed by the plugin?

The plugin should now install TensorFlow 2.13.0 - I did the setup described in Setting_Up_TF_Developer_Certificate_Exam.pdf on an M2 Max mbp and it seems to work. No GPU support though.

Successfully ran the TensorFlow image classification tutorial as well as https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mrdbourke/tensorflow-deep-learning/main/extras/image_classification_test.py - finished the last one in ~ 2 minutes

There is an issue with image augmentation but does not apply to TF 2.13 when running on CPU only

So hopefully the exam would work on an M1/M2/M3 Mac :slightly_smiling_face: