TesnsorFlow Quantum

Hello everyone,

I’m trying to install tensorflow-quantum via pip in Google Colab and in my pc, but I’m encountering some difficulties. Whenever I try to install it using the command !pip install -U tensorflow-quantum, I receive an error message saying “ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement tensorflow-quantum (from versions: none)”. It seems like pip is unable to find the package in the PyPI repositories.

I’ve double-checked the package name and tried different variations, but I keep getting the same error. Has anyone else encountered this issue, or does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve it? I’ve checked the official TensorFlow Quantum documentation, but I couldn’t find any specific instructions for installing via pip in Google Colab.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Hi @Jefferson_Granizo

Welcome to the TensorFlow Forum!

TF quantum can be installed in Python 3.9 or in below Python version as mentioned in this TensorFlow Quantum PYPI. Google Colab has updated the Python version to 3.10 which is causing the above error while installing the TF quantum in Colab.

Alternatively, You can try installing the TF quantum using Anaconda environment(thorugh Jupyter, VScode or Pycharm) by installing the required version of Python <=3.9. Thank you

1 Like