Updates to the TensorFlow Developer Certificate Exam

We want to let you know about changes to the TensorFlow Developer Certificate exam. Please read this post if you are thinking about taking it.

We launched the TensorFlow Developer Certificate exam program almost four years ago. More than 11,000 people have passed the exam and many have seen a positive impact as a result, including getting jobs as ML developers.

While we evaluate the next step in our certificate program, we will be closing down the TensorFlow Certificate exam.

The last day to register to take the exam is April 30, 2024, and the last day to take it is May 31, 2024. After you pass the exam, your credentials will be valid for 3 years.

2 Likes

This information might already be available elsewhere, but for those of us expecting to complete this certificate at some point this year, will there be an alternative or newer version in the future?

2 Likes

We don’t know if there will another version in the future. Our advice is to take it before May 31 if you want to have the credential. I’m sorry I can’t be more helpful than that.

1 Like

I tried to register the exam today through this link: TrueAbility Google Certifications However, the registration page is under maintenance. Could you please let me know when the registration page is scheduled to reopen? Thank you

Try again. The page is back.

When can we expect the launch of new certification that substitutes the tensorflow developer certification and Letting developers know the potential syllabus and resources to prepare will help alot.
Thank you.

1 Like

We don’t have news about that yet.

This was about the only true machine learning certification out there , all other certs like AWS Machine Learning , etc are more geared towards ML Ops , and have little to no value. I took the AWS ML Cert , and it has proved to be a waste of time. Please come out with a certification course that employers will find valuable and a clear education path that a determined individual has a reasonble chance of completing. I dont care if it is difficult, if it is in demand, the market should help fill in the demand for courses etc

1 Like

Same happened to me, I have an Azure Data Scientist certification but it is of no use. It has everything about Azure ML but no one cares about it at the job interviews. I have planned to take this exam but I can’t make it. Hope to see it back as soon as possible.

1 Like