Are you a TensorFlow contributor? Tell us more about your experience!

Hi all! To continuously improve collaboration in our community, we are continuing to look at new ways to further improve the contributor experience and make it accessible to a wider audience!

So we are interested in hearing more about your experience contributing to TensorFlow! :grinning:

• What community do you contribute to? (Eg. Docs, Special Interest Groups, ML GDEs, etc)
  • What tools would make it easier for you to contribute to TensorFlow?
  • How do you foster DEI in the TensorFlow Community?

Let’s use this thread to share some ideas and best practices! :point_down:t4:

19 Likes

This community is amazing.
After watching Google I/O session on “What’s new in ML?”, I am just so confused. I thought I knew ML but now I feel like there is so much more to learn.
It’s overwhelming to learn about everything that tensor flow offers. I wish to learn that I hope I will get helped by this forum

9 Likes

So great to hear Vedant! This Forum is totally place!!! :grinning:

5 Likes

I am planning to start learning learning more about Tensorflow and contributing. Used Tensorflow for my advanced ML google certification.

6 Likes

This is Awesome. Looking forward to learn more.

1 Like

Suena interesate todo a cerca de TF, espero poder aportar desde mi experiencia.
Saludos.

1 Like

Hey Everyone! With immense Joy I say that this forum marks the new benchmark in collaboration among people from different backgrounds. Now we can bring in our changes as devs and be up to the mark where components we build are best for all.
I congratulate @Joana and @thea along with the whole team for this and hope to build and innovate for the best experience.

6 Likes

Hi,

Even though I’ve been a solid Open-source contributor since the turn of the year, I haven’t really thought of contributing to TensorFlow.
Haven watched most of TensorFlow’s on-demand sessions today, I realized that I really don’t know TensorFlow as much as I presume I do.
So I’d start feeling my way around contributing to TensorFlow in the coming days and weeks. I hope it’d be seamless.

3 Likes

You are welcome. Hope you will soon be part of our contributor community

3 Likes

I actually had the same opinion

3 Likes

Welcome, Vedant!

If you’re confused, we’re here to help! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Welcome in our community! Please send us any feedback about our contributor documentation at https://tensorflow-prod.ospodiscourse.com/t/what-contributor-documentation-improvements-do-you-suggest/252

2 Likes

Hi @Joana ,
I love the way the new TensorFlow forum has been structured.

• I think I have contributed to quite a few TF Communities but I guess the most to TensorFlow User Groups
  • I recently saw the TensorFlow Community Contributions GitHub project which I feel is a great step to allow community contributions and find issues on which community help might be required. I belive having a similar Community Contributiosn tracker would be helpful to have for other major repos (eg. TFJS, though TFJS has one, it does not seem to be updated).
4 Likes

Glad to see that you’ve found that helpful! We’re excited to find more ways to include community contributors, and we’ll be working with our ecosystem projects to adopt similar models.

3 Likes

Hi @Joana
I am very happy to be here, one of my dreams is to work with TensorFlow org
I know a lot about Tensorflow and work with its models in all my projects you can see some on my GitHub
in the past few months, I was planning to apply with TensorFlow in Google Summer of Code and I made a good proposal in the tree-based model project
but Unfortunately, I have not selected
I tried to contribute with Tensorflow a lot of time but I don’t know why I can’t
I will be appreciated if any monitor here help me to contribute and become part of the Tensorflow community
I know how to code with TensorFlow, how to build, train, evaluate models
really I want to be good enough to say I am now able to assume the role of machine learning engineer on the Tenosflow Team :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Tensorflow has been essential part of my opensource learning journey.
I have started contributing to opensource 2 years ago and started with tensorflow. Started with small small fixes in documentation. But today, I understand codebase of many aspects of tensorflow (ops, keras layers/metrics/losses/training, model serializability etc.).
I have made over 90 PRs in total to tensorflow related projects (tensorflow, docs, datasets, addons, community etc) and over 50 PRs have been merged as of now.

I strongly feel that Tensorflow is driving me to contribute more and more and learn things aggressively. Because of that, I was able to create some good open source projects of my own and people loved it.

Along with my job, this is what I love to do → Open source

5 Likes

Hi @Kareem_Negm! What areas of TensorFlow are you most interested in contributing to?

3 Likes